Thursday, November 30, 2023

"He [Her Husband] Always Cherished You Very Much"...

 Yesterday, November 29, 2023, I received a short "thank you" card/letter in our mailbox.  The card was from the wife of a dear friend and brother Vietnam veteran who passed away quite recently.

This good, decent and brilliant Catholic man served in Vietnam around the same time of my tour of duty.  (I do believe, however, that he served two tours as opposed to my one.)

Before his passing, I sent my friend an e-mail asking him to keep me in his prayers because of all of my upcoming scans and lab work to see if there were any new health issues or recurrence of my spindle cell sarcoma cancer.

His reply was to the point: "Sure, sure!" 

And although I sent him another e-mail with an article from one of his oft-quoted "mentors," I received no response. 

By that time, his health was failing rapidly as the news from the "prayer list" indicated, but we hoped for the best -- and for a miracle...

(As an aside, my CT scan came back negative (okay!) and my blood work also looked good.  In addition, the issue with the prostate seems to be stable with no unusual findings according to the urologist!  I still have stage two chronic kidney disease, but I'm holding my own, thank Heaven!)

We will continue to pray for the repose of his mighty and glorious soul and hope that he is now with our Lord and His most Blessed Mother -- and for strength and consolation for his dear wife and children...

God bless and keep you, Robert...

I will always cherish you!

Viva Cristo Rey!  Bl. Fr. Miguel Pro, Fr. Emil Kapaun and Fr. Vincent Capodanno, pray for us...

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle...

Gene DeLalla








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Remember Archbishop Sheen's Prediction Of The Establishment Of A Parallel "Catholic Church" Devoid Of Divine Faith?

  For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, it behooves those believers to recognize the diabolical disorientation and condemn, in no...