Saturday, September 8, 2018

Speaking of wars... here's what happened the other day...

The other day, my wife and I were shopping in the local Market Basket, when lo and behold, we ran into a great lady friend of ours.  We talked for a short while, doing a little reminiscing, and planning for a get-together in the near future.

She knows that I'm a Vietnam veteran, so she wanted to relay to us a pleasant, uplifting experience she recently had while shopping in a local thrift store.  It seems there was a gent wearing an article of clothing, probably a hat, indicating he was a Vietnam veteran and served in the Marines.  My lady friend then said she knew a friend (me) that was also a Vietnam veteran, and then thanked him for his service.

What a nice thing to tell that vet!   She then thanked me too!

It will be fifty-one years ago this coming December, that I went to that conflagration known as Vietnam.  And over those fifty-one years, I can count on one hand the number of good folks that thanked me for my service.  I have to admit, that, I too, sometimes fail to thank other veterans for their service, but when I come across a Vietnam veteran, I have a special feeling in my heart for the experiences we might have had in common, and the sacrifices made in order to keep the Communists at bay for over ten years.

I also remember when I first came home just before Christmas of 1968, I wanted to remain incognito regarding my Vietnam service.  But not anymore.  I am proud to have done my little part in trying to keep the South Vietnamese people free and safe, though our efforts were sabotaged by a leftist media and cowardly politicians.  I just hope that some day, those traitors will face justice for their actions.

My main purpose in writing this short piece, is to say thank you, and WELCOM HOME to all my brother Vietnam veterans!

Gene DeLalla








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

This Evil Is For Real: Climate Scientist Suggests “Culling” The Human Population With A Deadly Pandemic To Solve The “Climate Crisis”!!!!!

  Does this sound familiar?? It should.  The "Covid" "pandemic" was the testing ground, now the "bird flu"... ...