Friday, December 24, 2021

A Real Hero: My Father-In-Law, Donald F. Ryder; P.O.W. Held For 28 Months In A North Korean Prison Camp, R.I.P...

        

It seems that real, genuine heroes are seemingly hard to come by these days, although we do see those who put their lives and reputations on the line, especially combating the governmental and medical tyrants attempting to crush our God-given rights using a faux "pandemic" as a cover to impose a Marxist ideology to destroy the hard-fought freedoms gained by those who went before us...

The gentleman I am writing about, is one "who went before us": my father-in-law, Donald F. Ryder, who spent 28 months behind bars in a prisoner of war camp, deprived of basic human rights and the necessities to keep body and soul together.  Not to mention Communist propaganda pounded into the heads of the American G.I.s day after day...

Mr. Ryder served in the U.S. Army in a Special Tactical Unit (Regimental Combat Team) before he was captured by the Communist Red Army in North Korea...

Donald F. Ryder died in 2015 at the age of 85... Those are the statistics, but there was more to the man; a lot more...

From information provided to me, Mr. Ryder was a scrounger, a "thief", a "doctor", a G.I. who loved his brother prisoners and did what he could to relieve the pain and suffering of his comrades, especially during the bitter, bone-chilling winters of North Korea.  And he did this for nearly two-and-a-half years!

According to the shadowbox my brother-in-law sent me (see below), it does not show a Purple Heart for wounds, but for enduring his numerous trials and tribulations, and his heroics in trying to do everything possible for his buddies, at risk of retribution from the brutal Communist guards, he should have been awarded that badge of honor...  But what I do know is that he had a heart as big and as giving as anyone I have ever known...








 



This article does not do Mr. Ryder justice, that I know, but I wanted to bring to my readers the fact that there really were -- and still are -- heroes among us, willing to go the extra mile, all the way to the ultimate sacrifice.  

Baby Jesus, have mercy on us all...

Pray for strength and honor!

Viva Cristo Rey!  Bl. Fr. Miguel Pro, Fr. Emil Kapaun and Fr. Vincent Capodanno, pray for us...

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle...

Gene DeLalla
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

This Evil Is For Real: Climate Scientist Suggests “Culling” The Human Population With A Deadly Pandemic To Solve The “Climate Crisis”!!!!!

  Does this sound familiar?? It should.  The "Covid" "pandemic" was the testing ground, now the "bird flu"... ...