To My Brothers...
Side by side we stood,
Black or white, it made no difference.
Catholic, Protestant, Jew, or Atheist,
I may not have liked you, but I loved you.
Only God can give and only God can take away,
But Charlie took and never gave.
Why did my bunker-mate die and I live?
To fulfill my dreams but not his?
Yet he is with me always -- in my dreams,
Not wanted there, as I struggle to sleep.
Lord help me to live and not just exist.
Take this burden from my soul.
Have mercy on them that stayed,
Some here, some there.
Arlington is their home now,
As mine will someday be.
Author: Eugene R. DeLalla (former Staff Sergeant of Air Force Security Police, Vietnam, December 16, 1967 -- December 16, 1968)...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
'The Loss Of SUBSTANCE Within The [SYNODAL] Church Due To Inconsistency Is Enormous,' Writes Professor Hubert Windisch.
Theologian laments how ‘anything goes’ in the [SYNODAL] Church now BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! THE INFORMATIO...
-
Are you a hunter? Do you know anyone who is? I'm not a great hunter, but I have served in two branches of the military including a one-...
-
On December 15, 2025, I posted this: Monday, December 15, 2025 COMMUNIST Hong Kong Convicts Catholic Freedom Advocate Jimmy Lai Amid Serio...
-
Yes, what if... (Note: the ceremony of Prevost and the make-believe "archbishop" Mullally, was a smack in the face to Catholic C...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment.