Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Message To Law-Abiding, America-Loving Patriots -- including Veterans...

If there was ever any doubt about the agenda of the radical leftists (read: Antifa anarchist/insurrectionists), that doubt has been wiped away...

Notice too, how the extreme liberals -- who support and defend the anarchists -- I refer to the establishment media and those in charge of major corporations, accuse the law-abiding, America-loving patriots of what they do.  This is especially true when it comes to the oft hurled charge of "racism".

It seems that everything under the sun is somehow racist these days...

I just don't get it.  

A case in point, from my life, exposes the lie of such nonsense... 

I remember nearly 53 years ago, I served with black Americans in Vietnam.  There were some pretty dicey nights during that incredible year.  Sometimes I wondered if I would ever see the sun rise.  Those days were usually very hot and humid, or drenched in torrents of rain during the Monsoon season so prevalent in Southeast Asia.

There was no question in anyone's mind that if push came to shove, and we were faced with a massive ground attack on the perimeter, it mattered little what the color of my G.I. buddy's skin was.   As the saying goes; there are no "atheists in fox holes," nor racism for that matter...  Stopping the enemy was job one, and until that was successfully accomplished, one's political views meant nothing.

As an example... A group of my Security Police brothers and I were assigned to protect engineers who were drilling water wells out in the boondocks, about 15 or 20 miles from the air base.  Since the operation went on for several days -- and nights, we rotated the duties of providing a secure perimeter by enlisting volunteers for each 24-hour period...

I was the NCO-in-charge of an improvised machine-gun bunker at the entry point to the newly-formed base of operations... Along with me, was my black brother ammunition feeder to the big M-60 gun...

All was quiet, until about 1:30 a.m., when a report came over our two-way radio that a regiment of North Vietnamese regular Army troops were heading in our direction from the foothills of the big Natrang Mountain...

Our small company consisted of about 25-30 cops; no match for over 1,000 bad guys making their way from the North to support and reinforce their Viet Cong comrades in the South...

Things got a just little tense...

Our "bunker" was nothing more than a dug-out mound of dirt with a few branches to help camouflage our position...

This just wouldn't do; we would be sitting ducks until air support arrived in the form of helicopter gun-ships and fighter jets...

I saw some circular corrugated metal scraps that the engineers no longer needed, so I figured I'd ask if I could take some of it and stick it around my bunker...  

With permission granted, I did just that... we built up the corrugated metal with as much dirt as possible in no-time, and waited for the inevitable attack from a vastly superior enemy force...  I wasn't so naive as to think that our new metal bunker would be able to stop heavy machine-gun fire, but it would give us a little more protection from small arms fire, that is, until help arrived...

One of the Security Police supervisors approached the entry point in his Jeep; I challenged him; then let him enter our tiny base.... He told us about what to expect if the stuff hit the fan; we were as ready as we could possibly be... I think my black bunker-mate and I said some silent prayers hoping that the NVA would turn away and head in another direction...

Around 3:30 a.m., we were notified that the hugely superior enemy force did just that!

The quiet on our little "western front," continued 'till daylight... 

We did get to see the sun rise on another day... God was, and is good...

As Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., once remarked: we should judge a person by their character, not by the color of his skin... 

My message to law-abiding, America-loving patriots -- including veterans: let us hope and pray that we will not have to fight another war -- here, on American soil...

This, and other articles that I write, are dedicated to the one-hundred-eleven U.S. Air Force Security Police brothers who died in the protracted Vietnam War...

Pray now more than ever, for our country...

Viva Cristo Rey!  Fr. Miguel Pro, pray for us...

Gene DeLalla























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

This Evil Is For Real: Climate Scientist Suggests “Culling” The Human Population With A Deadly Pandemic To Solve The “Climate Crisis”!!!!!

  Does this sound familiar?? It should.  The "Covid" "pandemic" was the testing ground, now the "bird flu"... ...